Make sure you read and understand well all the points of Mountain Specialists Terms & Conditions
Booking, payment and refund policy
1. When you want to book a lesson/course/activity, please complete the Booking Form and return it to Mountain Specialists. You can also call us directly or send us an email.
2. Payment can be made by cash, or bank transfer. Mountain Specialists does not accept cheques.
3. At the time of your booking we will ask you a deposit of 50% of the total price. The CONTRACT between you and Mountain Specialists will exist when the Booking Form and the deposit have been received.
4. In order to confirm the booking a deposit of 50% of the total price of the lesson/course/activity (or full payment if the lesson/course/activity is within 7 days of the start date) must be paid at the time of booking.
5. The balance of any lesson/course/activity is due 7 days prior the start. If the balance or full payment is not received, unless a delayed payment has been agreed, Mountain Specialists reserves the right to cancel your booking and levy the appropriate cancellation charges as detailed below.
6. Notice of cancellation must be given in writing an email or by phone to Mountain Specialists and will be effective when it is received by Mountain Specialists. The following cancellation charges apply (percentage of total price of lesson/course/activity)
a- 30 to 7 days before start date: loss of deposit (50% of total price)
b- 7 to 1 days before start date: 75% of total price
c- less than 24 hours before start date: 100% of total price
7. Mountain Specialists reserves the right to cancel any course if there are insufficient group members. If the course you have booked is cancelled you will be given 7 days notice and the opportunity to change your course date at no extra charge. Mountain Specialists will give a full refund if other course dates are unsuitable.
8. If you terminate a lesson/course/activity for whatever reason at any stage during the lesson/course/activity, you are not entitled to any refund.
Info about courses and activities
9. During the day prior to the lesson/course/activity start date you are requested to contact Mountain Specialists by phone or email to arrange a time, meeting point and all the details of your lesson/course/activity.
10. The minimal equipment requested for the lesson/course/activity should be discussed 24 hours before the start date with your instructor/guide in order to arrived prepared and ready at the time of the start of the lesson/course/activity.
11. Mountain Specialists and the instructors/guides reserve the right to change the venue, mountain objective, route or activity booked, if we believe that continuing with the proposed itinerary would place you, any group member and/or guides at undue risk due to unfavourable weather, conditions and/or client ability. This applies to all lesson/course/activity.
12. Mountain Specialists is not responsible for consequences of strikes, industrial action, sickness, government intervention, weather conditions, lifts and huts closures or other untoward occurrences that might affect a lesson/course/activity.
13. Private guiding and lessons will run regardless of weather conditions. It is up the guide or instructor to make a suitable program in order to optimize time. If, upon mutual agreement between the guide/instructor and you it is decided to cancel the activity altogether, and the guide/instructor has agreed not to be paid, there will be a refund of the guide's fee, less an administration fee of 50€.
14. Courses and camps will run regardless of weather conditions. It is up to the guide/instructor to make a suitable program in order to optimize time. Mountain Specialists, accordingly to the level of abilities described by each member of the group, will make the groups as even as possible. If the guide/instructor deem you to be unsuitable (i.e. ability, technique etc.) for the course or activity the guide/instructor will alter the venue accordingly, following mutual discussion with you and the other group members. There will be no refund for the changes.
15. Instructor and guide will wait for you 30 minutes past the arranged time of the meeting. If Mountain Specialists won’t receive any notification by phone or email within that time, you will forfeit the day’s activity.
16. Lift passes are not included in the price of the lesson/course/activity, are obligatory (unless the guide decide an itinerary without the use of lifts) and are your responsibility.
17. It is your responsibility to make sure that you have satisfactory insurance cover for all of the activities that will be undertaken.
18. Insurance cover should include helicopter rescue, repatriation and hospitalization costs in case of an accident and should be valid in EU including Switzerland.
19. Our Guide and Instructors have a third part insurance that covers them in case of accident, occurred during the lesson/course/activity.
20. Mountain Specialists does not accept any liability for accidents that happen during lessons/courses/camps/activities that the company. organized.
21. Mountain Specialists does not insure you for third party liability.
22. Example of personal temporary insurance for our kind of activities that we suggest to have:
http://www.intermundial.it/Assicurazioni-Viaggio/Assicurazione-Avventura-Plus for Italian residents;
http://www.europ-assistance.fr/fr/voyage/evasio-sports-loisirs for French residents;
http://www.snowcard.co.uk for UK residents.
23. Mountain Specialists makes every effort to ensure that our website and marketing material are correct and up-to-date, however we cannot be held responsible for any inaccuracies. If you have any questions regarding any of the lesson/course/activity, please contact Mountain Specialists directly by email or phone.
24. All Content included on the website, unless uploaded by Users, including, but not limited to, text, graphics, logos, icons, images, sound clips, video clips, data compilations, page layout, underlying code and software is the property of Mountain Specialists, our affiliates or other relevant third parties.
25. You may not reproduce, copy, distribute, store or in any other fashion re-use material from the website unless otherwise indicated on the website or unless given express written permission to do so by Mountain Specialists.
26. This website may contain links to other sites. Unless expressly stated, these sites are not under the control of Mountain Specialists or that of our affiliates. We assume no responsibility for the content of such websites and disclaim liability for any and all forms of loss or damage arising out of the use of them. The inclusion of a link to another site on this website does not imply any endorsement of the sites themselves or of those in control of them.
27. Those wishing to place a link to this web site on other sites may do so only to the home page of the site www.mountain-specialist.com without prior permission. Deep linking (i.e. links to specific pages within the site) requires the express permission of Mountain Specialists. To find out more please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
28. If you have a complaint please inform a Mountain Specialists staff member or your guide as soon as possible so there is an opportunity to take action to resolve the matter straight away.